never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut

Monday, February 12, 2007

What about Joe?

Its been 24 hours and i haven't seen a Joe Mauer posting. How much longer was he arbitration eligible? This is a huge signing for the twins (in my opinion) because now they have him for atleast 4 years and if he stays healthy, not a day longer. When they lose Santana and Morneau in the next couple years, atleast they will have a hitting catcher to anchor their team. Santana's next contract - over under is set at 200 million over 7 years. With baseball inflation going at 10% and Barry Zito being 30-40% the pitcher Santana is, i dont think thats crazy.

The sox are going to lose Dye, Crede, Buehrle and Vasquez next year so i can't say much about the future.

1 comment:

Bench said...

I'm working on my Joe Mauer Lady Of Guadalupe style mural on the side of Kimbark Plaza. I was going to wait until it was finished before talking about it but now you have forced me to tip my hand.

When Polad dies in the next few years and leaves the Twins and his fortune to his 12-year-old grandson I don't think they'll have a problem paying Santana.