never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Paging Kenesaw Mountain Chandler

My idea to trade players for keeper slots was similar to Carter's idea. I see what he's thinking. I also understand that it would suck to have to keep the incredibly overrated (and notably not Mark Teahen) David Wright as a first round pick. If i was commissioner I would probably make a decree like the following in order to clear up these minor-detail trade rules vagaries:
-Keeper slots are non-transferable. They cannot be traded from one owner to another. As a result, a maximum of 8 players can be kept.
-Baseball players can only be traded for other baseball players.
-Draft picks can only be traded for other draft picks or drinks. (This isn't that crazy of an idea. In the NFL players are often traded for picks, but draft picks are not tradable at all in the MLB. I think in the NHL picks are often traded for Tim Horton's.)
-Rocco Baldelli can only be traded to me.

1 comment:

Bench said...

That works for me. I'm trying not to overstep my bounds as Comishioner but it looks like it might some to that.

Holy shit, Andy, you're going to have a lot to read when you get home tonight. Good luck.