never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My feelings (for what they are worth)

Seems that there are three issues to be discussed and voted on.

(1) Draft date: While I thought we had this all set Carter now drops a bomb that he might have "lawyer orientation" that weekend. I wish that he had waited to see if he could get out of it before bringing it up and making me all stampy, but oh well. Can everyone still fall back to March 10th if need be?

(2) Trading keepers: I like Andy's suggestion that we place a limit on the total number of keepers that you can potentially have. I also like the notion of lots of stupid trades and usually want to encourage as many as possible. I wouldn't really feel that strongly about this issue except that Cardarelli would not be proposing it if not for the fact that he wants to keep more players on his first place team. That seems a little fishy to me. He's trying to ram legislation through Congress under the auspices that it will "help underprivileged" teams but he's really just working for this own self interest here. We already let him place a limit on the trading deadline and up the number of keepers. How many more gifts do we need to give him? "The biggest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist." Why do I feel like the only person who constantly worries about this? He's got you all tricked with that gimp and fake speech impediment.

As always, I'll accept the will of the majority.

(3) Dice-K: Sure, let's have an auction. I don't care. How would this work? Everyone puts the highest spot that they are willing to give up into a silent auction and then the highest of the all wins? I'm sort of against this but I don't really care. But you know what's going to happen, right? Cardarelli's going to use his extra keeper spots to take Dice-K.

(Oh, who am I kidding. No one is going to man up and make a trade anyway so this will all be moot. I'm really not sure what side of any of this I'm on anymore.)

(4) Page Layout: Omar, I'm changing the colors of this page. The black background with white lines of text is killing my eyes.

No comments: