never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

science

Yes, I am an anti-intellectual bitch. I don't care if the opposition is in shambles; let's hear it for standard 5x5. I kind of like Andy's proposal, but don't want HRs and SLG. I also want RBIs. If we have Rs, I want RBIs. I dreamed I found a piece of lightning-split timber, which I shaped and polished with my own hands, called "Thunderbigpoppa," and I presented this to David Ortiz in the hopes he would win the triple crown and shatter every single-season batting record on the books. Instead, he fucked me with it. Interestingly enough, this wasn't a nightmare. I love RBIs.

I don't like TB for pitchers.

Now, if we are going to get rid of the standard 5x5 and start fucking with the system, then let me give some thoughts on relievers. I don't like wins either, but if you have saves, I don't see how you can rail against wins. If people hate the single category stolen base man, why the love for the 1 inning save man? What about the poor, undervalued setup man? Perhaps my hatred of relief pitchers is blinding me here but I don't see why we should worry about keeping a stat just so x-category of player has some worth. Let's make it an all-starters league and dump relievers all together. After all, someone could do well in ERA, WHIP, and Saves, along with a few vultured wins and give a starter heavy-team a run in the pitching catgeories. Yet how annoying to lose to an abstraction; as if any team in RL (and I presume some sort of realism is what people are striving for with the various new-stat proposals) would go far with two horses, a journeyman, and a bunch of relievers.

My stats: standard shit. If we have yet another vote, and somehow everyone wants to use diff. stats then:
R, OBP, RBI, SLG, SB
W, SV, WHIP, ERA, K

No comments: