never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Two men enter...

...and TWO men leave, walking tall -- after bitchslapping everyone in the room, urinating on the bar, and putting a zippermask on Masterblaster the Thunderdome that is Pub Trivia. To quote The Roots:

On these seventy-three keys, of ivory and ebony
I swear solemnly that I'll forever rock steadily
People wanna know where Pete B? He right next to me
The weaponry, the secret recipe

108 or so people playing tonight, $324 pot. Pete and I on the mound for team Snot Boogie.
Round 1: 3rd place.
Round 2: 3rd place.
Round 3: 2nd place.
Round 4: BLAAUWW! 1st place with a 2-point lead thanks to a 7/8 performance that stunned the judges, forcing them to point out our dominance to the room.
Round 5 (two point bonus round): Disaster. Tied for 2nd, as we were passed by last quarter's 6-man boat champion. My fault as I dicked an answer by one letter, and was too strong in my faulty logic of Denmark over Norway. $33 the consolation prize.

To be honest, we did get three assists from Tisa, Ashley, and Greg. But in spite of this, we were shaking with funny-car trivia power. If we add Moacir, I think we can declare "game over" for the rest of the quarter and accumulate some cash. I don' even want to think about what happens if we add Bench and Card. I have already sent an honorable message of smack to tonight's winning team, warning them that this was their last win.

No comments: