never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut

Sunday, January 28, 2007

MCard, does this quote mean he won't be coming back into the draft?

From the most recent Buster Olney post

8. You mention reading good books ... what books have you read this offseason?

Teahen: I am currently reading In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote, because I saw the film Capote, and was intrigued to read the book. Prior to that the best book I read this offseason was The Blind Side, Evolution of a Game, by Michael Lewis. It gives an insight into the increased importance of the left tackle in the NFL, and offers the insight through an inner-city athlete that is given the opportunity to [pursue] a football career when he is given access to a wealthy private high school. It is an informative and intriguing story, but I do have to mention I am a bit partial to Michael Lewis writings, because I was part of the Moneyball draft class of the A's in 2002.

Baseball players can read. His analysis is a little book jacket but still, he reads books.

4 comments:

mikecard said...

teahen was never going to be draftable. he's my 27th rounder.

Omar said...

i forgot he wasn't drafted. you have so many young players, some of them will have to be put back in the draft.

mikecard said...

i'm in favor of unlimited keepers.

Omar said...

we tried this already, it wouldn't pass.

and now with willingham losing his catcher eligibility, i have come to the realization that i dont want most of my players again. they are ugly.