never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Pub Science (roster is full)

Pete tells me it's safe to come out of my hiding place in my car's trunk. So a few things.

Saud, the trivia roster is already set for tonight so we will have to go without your services. Sorry. You would have undoubtedly been extremely useful on difficult geography questions about the UAE. Feel free to come hang out anyway, just know that we won't be able to solicit your help and it can get kind of boring watching people get intensely involved over the etymology of sphincter, while being able to contribute nothing to the conversation.

We must win tonight. Especially since I have already sent an email full of smack to last quarter's champion. I expect at least one perfect round out of our team. To this end: someone study the capital cities of central asia. Someone else take east/se asia. And someone do Africa. Also, they seem to be on a kick of asking questions about explorers. I would expect another one. Review your late 80s early 90s music. Eat some raw eggs. Work a side of frozen ribs for a while, preferably until your kunckles are bloody.

The Pats. That game was heartbreaking, and while I should hang it on the defense for letting the Colts score every time (it seemed), I sort of expected it since they were in the damn dome (can we ban dome stadiums. Please??). So instead, I blame Caldwell for dropping what would have been a sure first down, if not a touchdown (it would have ultimately been a touchdown, I'm sure), forcing the pats to settle for a field goal and thus allievating the pressure on Manning. Those of you so happy that NE lost will be eating your words after being subjected what will surely be the most irritiating stories about Manning's fulfillment, Dungy's long hard road, and the good, long-suffering people of Indiana. You'll be begging for more inane stories about how Brady is the greatest quarterback ever and a player off the field.

I am shocked the Bears won. You could see New Orleans storming back and the Bears had this wonderful "oh shit!" expression. But the defense came up one NO drive #3 and that sealed it. The weather definitely helped. I'm actually really happy the Bears won, and hope they crush Indianapolis. Once again, however, I predict the Bears will be crushed. The AFC is a superior conference in every way. SD, Indy, NE and Baltimore all could beat the Bears (in fact, didn't NE, with all those journeymen, stomp on them earlier in the season, even before all the Bears' injuries?) Indianapolis by 13. Grossman is going to fuck this game up for Chicago. I promise. And their running game isn't going to be nearly enough. I'll be rooting for the Bears, but I expect to be let down yet again.

5 comments:

Moacir said...

i already know all the capitals. Jeez, what were YOU busy doing in grade 1.

Omar said...

if you define stomp as winning by 4 in an ugly game where grossman was at his 'finest' then yes, it was a stomping.

when the bears beat the colts, are they still going to be the 5th best team in the playoffs? i just want to know what to expect.

ptb said...

people could totally fit onto a second team. there might be three or four more people showing up on top of the six people. no need for anybody to get shut out of the loving.

ptb said...

rap is definitely out of control.

ashley will probably be there and need a team. not that i got into a small fight about it with her.

Moacir said...

I promise to buy a beer for someone on the other team with my portion of the winnings.