never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

This Ain't Aruba Bitch

There are a few things we need to get settled as soon as possible:

 

Date of Draft - some people have to fly in and others have to ... make plans and stuff

Auction or Draft - it seems as if we have a majority of people who either support an auction or atleast are ambivalent so it looks like we'll go with an auction.  By auction are people fine with the basic $260 budget?

Blow it up?? - I have a feeling this is going to be a breaking point issue. While I could go either way it seems from the 6/10 person poll that some people don't agree. 

# of Keepers from last year - hasn't been discussed much

 

There are obviously things that we need to work out after this but we really need to get the initial stuff worked out - if only the first two before February. 

Any who is or isn't reading this blog?  There haven't been more than 8 votes on any of the polls so atleast 2 people are not reading or don't care. Please comment so I/we know you are reading this atleast once a week.

9 comments:

ptb said...

OK, let;s get this shit together. It's probably too short of notice for this to be the year we take our draft to vegas. I can't do March 16th (another draft) and presumably I will be in NY for my other auction league some weekend in march. I'll toss out March 17th as an early test balloon? Can anyone not make that day as of now?

alm said...

i'm reading.

i'm down for vegas, if we can swing it.

march 17th is a monday, so that's out. do you mean 15th/16th?

ptb said...

oh yeah. then march 15 is what i mean. i definitely can't do march 16. have another auction that day (in chicago).

Omar said...

if i hadn't lost a few thousand dollars in the stock market over the last couple weeks i might be up for vegas but my disposable income is currently locked up for a while now.

im good for anytime in march. 15th works. jimmy's owners meetup on the 14th with the draft on the 15th?

carter said...

March 14/15 would be the tail end of my spring break, so its good for me. No way for Vegas though, unless uncle Andy is paying. How about Atlantic City? Just the right level of seediness for a fantasy auction, in my opinion.

Key question: Can we manage to complete an auction in one day? We barely finish a draft in one day.

CZA said...

14th/15th works for me. No Vegas. Atlantic City maybe, since I might be able to merge it with a research trip and want to go home anyway. I have no money.

Prediction: we will get 8/10 on board. Two weeks from now, Mo will finally post, explaining that he is going to Reykjavik to meet up with some Lithuanians. Actually, he's teaching and those days are reading period, so this may not come to pass. Any other year, that's the way it would go down.

mikecard said...

i can do it on the 15th/16th. also, i have no preference on the rule changes. just tell me what we're doing a week in advance.

carter said...

"just tell me what we're doing a week in advance."

i love mike

CZA said...

I'm circling March 15 on my calendar. All the out of towners can make it and that seems to be the controlling factor.